Thursday, February 9, 2012

Manateen's Overall Master

You are such a character. You never admit you're wrong. You always falsely accuse me and the rest of humanity. You refuse to lose an argument. You almost completely hate your partner whom you've dedicated your life to, at least I THINK you dedicated your life to him. You two never really get along. You always argue about what's needed and what's wanted. Never do you two ever connect. Nothing is ever good enough. Sometimes I think that it's all your fault. Sometimes I blame you for everything wrong in my life. Sometimes I absolutely hate you to the core. But really.... That's only when I choose to ignore the other things. The GREAT things about you. Those things I tend to miss because I constantly shove them impatiently behind your negatives. Whenever I FINALLY step back, I see you're not all that bad. You always come back to loving me, even when I come home just to chew you out for grounding me because of my grades, even when I run off because I find you annoying on my bad days. You almost always buy me what I want whenever I want it, even though your partner totally rips on you for it. You're always there for me when I need someone to talk to. You always give me hugs when I come downstairs to greet you getting back from work. You always make sure I'm doing my best, even if it means you have to take away my TV or put me down so I can try and prove you wrong. You always do your best at your job. You always make sure I'm okay. You always love me. You ALWAYS love me. You're the best and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, even if it's me. Because I'm an idiot. And only at times like these do I know when I'm actually right about something in my life. Because the evidence is right there for me to see: You're the one who brought me here. You're the one who always picks me up off of the dirty floor. You're the one who always violently drags me to the finish. You're the one who stands strong for what you believe in. You're the one I look up to. You're the one who made it all possible. You're the one from whom I was torn... You are the one who I will always love.

1 comment: